Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert M Spitz has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
The doctor is rude and not compassionate or understanding, and the staff to help him is even worse. They are disorganized, they double and triple book. Wait times are horrendous. And they have no compassion for someone who might have went through a trauma and who might be uncomfortable at this kind of doctor. I have been going there for years, always frustrated, they were always messing up something. I finally got out of there and found someone else for care. They use outdated tools and their office is also out dated and uncleanly. Highly DO NOT recommend.
Dr. Spits is a fantastic Doctor. He is soft spoken and kind. He answers all sorts of questions you may have patiently and he is quick and thorough. I like that he is not an OB anymore, because the waiting room is not filled up with mothers and babies. I would highly recommend this doctor. the staff is wonderful as well.
Dr. Spitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Robert M Spitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMontauk Gynecology, 342 Montauk Ave, New London, CT
Dr. Robert M Spitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New London, CT.