Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert B Stinger has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Robert B Stinger has the following 6 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Robert B Stinger has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert B Stinger is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
I think I spoke to 6 other orthopedic surgeons before I met with Dr. Stinger and chose him to do my total hip replacement procedure. There was just something different about his bedside manner that intrigued me. First of all, he sat down with me for like 30 minutes discussing my X-rays and condition, what my personal goals were and desired lifestyle. None of the others spent that kind of time with me. He made me feel like I was the most important person in his day. He is so kind, compassionate, friendly, very approachable- I felt comfortable with him from the beginning. All the surgeons I spoke to were fine, but what made me choose Dr. Stinger was his approach to patient advocacy- he does everything himself (there are no residents or fellows. training on me), he and his partner Dr. Kennedy do the procedure- two extremely educated and experienced board certified orthopedic surgeons. He told me his goal was to efficiently perform the procedure so my exposure to infection would be minimized. I spent one night in the hospital- he came to see me the next morning and I had already been up several times by the (with the walker). I am 2.5 weeks post procedure and already out walking 3 miles a day. My incision is clean, I expect minimal scarring (he does anterio-lateral approach). Recovery was relatively simple. I am so happy with everything. My mobility improves daily and I can't wait to get back to a very active lifestyle. I highly recommend Dr. Robert Stinger if you need joint replacement.
I went to see Dr. Stinger and had to have a total hip replacement. I was only 44 years old. He was kind, compassionate and caring. During my hospital stay he sat down and talked with me. After care visits were never rushed. He was attentive and extremely professional. I have since had issues with my knees, shoulders and the other hip. I will not go to any other orthopedic doctor but Dr. Stinger. I highly recommend him to my family and friends. He is amazing and my hip replacement changed my life for the better.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Stinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Georgetown University School Of Medicine
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Robert B Stinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFairfax Orthopedics, 3301 Woodburn Rd Ste 208, Annandale, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert B Stinger, MD - Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery in Annandale, VA, in this video.
Dr. Robert B Stinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annandale, VA.