Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert P Sundel has the following 4 specialties
- Pediatric Rheumatology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Pediatric Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Robert P Sundel has the following 14 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Coronary Aneurysm
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome (Kawasaki Disease)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Robert P Sundel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
This guy didn't listen to the patient (an 11 year old boy in chronic pain for 7 years) nor his mother and essentially dismissed all the input he got from either of us. He told us he should go do some exercises and then he should be 'fine'. Another doctor after him, discovered he had TWO torn meniscuses (Dr Sundell checked and said he was 'structurally sound') and chronic Lyme (which I had suggested but he laughed at me). He treated a complex situation (7 years of chronic pain) with a blunt instrument (himself). No interest in ever seeing him again. (and I believe at the time he was head of the Dept)
The man's arrogance got in the way of his correctly diagnosing my son's illness. He interviewed my son and me very insensitively. He consistently dismissed odd lab findings as irrelevant and they turned out to be relevant. He gave us a wrong diagnosis and prescribed medicine and treatment that was not appropriate. On top of that, the front office was a bureaucratic mess.
Excellent Doctor. I was in the Hospital for six months and he was there for everything. Took three months to find out what was wrong and he worked day and night to find me an answer. He even brought me a birthday gift for my thirteenth birthday while I was in the hospital.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
36 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Robert P Sundel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBoston Childrens Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert P Sundel in this video.
Dr. Robert P Sundel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.