Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk
Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Augusta, SC, with another office in Augusta, GA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Suykerbuyk is affiliated with Trinity Hospital Of Augusta and Veterans Affairs. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I seeing Dr Suykerbuyk for years and it was good.In 2015 started feeling bad and had stomach pain.I told him of this and told him I needed time off to find the problem.He says I've done all types of test and there is nothing wrong ,scheduled colonoscopy performed by Dr.Curtis. Says everything looks good, needless to say I'm mad and don't want to see Dr. Suykerbuyk because he didn't believe I felt bad ,thinking the pain would go away, it got worse .Went to emergency room in 2016 they could i had c diff. It still has not been properly treated even after telling primary doctors Dr.Embery and Dr. Jester as well as 2 gi doctors Dr. Curtis and Dr. Lal.
I have been a patient there for over 4 years. I was recently involved in an auto accident. The Dr only seen me once for a follow up after my accident. I called back to tell him that I was still experiencing pain. He would not even see me. The staff can only send him a message and you have to wait to see what he said which is another 24 hours. He said there was nothing wrong with me without even seeing me again. How can you diagnose someone over the phone.
Dr. Suykerbuyk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1997
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk in this video.
Dr. Robert A Suykerbuyk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Augusta, SC.