Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Szabo
Dr. Robert Szabo, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery of the Hand, Orthopedic Surgery and Plastic Surgery. Dr. Szabo is affiliated with Mercy General Hospital, University of California Davis Medical Center and UC Davis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Szabo has the following 3 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Transplantation
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Fracture Fixation
- Internal Fracture Fixation
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
- Ununited Fractures
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Wrist Injury
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Szabo performed surgery on my left thumb two years ago. The pain was instantly gone and recovery was as expected. Now I am facing a fusion of the mcp joint. I returned to Szabo and am confident in his approach and plan to make this most usable for my life style. I am a guitar player and it is important that this repair makes my left thumb strong. I have great confidence in this doctor.
Dr. Szabo has done excellent work on my elbow. He is straight-forward, candid, and will only perform surgery/therapy if it is totally within the best interests of his patients. Though my elbow remains kind of catty-whompus, I do appreciate Dr. Szabo's honesty in the outcome of any future surgery. Love him. He is so well thought of, that it is difficult to get the initial consultation...but hang in there, his work is the best in Northern California, for sure.
Dr. Szabo did a very successful TFCC repair on my right wrist. Like he said I would be, I am now pain free, and at 90% of what I was pre-injury. That's great! I appreciated that he took the time to explain everything to me (even doing a super-quick but detailed hand-drawn sketch of the bones in the hand and wrist to aid in my understanding). His staff was also great, and the surgery center was professional. All around great. Glad I used him. He's busy, but it was worth the wait.Regarding the reviewer who stated something about Dr Szabo not serving the poor who then cited Szabo vs. Silva, they need to actually read the case as I did (Googled it). It was a whistle-blower suit where the UC retaliated against Dr. Szabo for ADVOCATING for the poor and uninsured. Check your facts.
Seen him 5 times and he has to ask me were pain is? How about same finger as last 4 visit. Spent under 2 minutes and left with out letting me ask questions on medication, work restrictions, or treatment plan. Prior exam charges at UC Davis for 5 minute exam and steroid injection was $859.00. I won't be back - EVER!!!
False advertising, Snobbish and has obvious discrimination to treating the poor, Hypocritical (Szabo vs Silva), This mans Nose is so high in the air he should move to Beverly hills.
I do not discriminate treating patients based on finances. I work for UC Davis and do not make any decisions regarding insurance matters. I do not advertise. I do protect my staff from rude and demanding people who have drug seeking and threatening behaviors and on rare occasions this requires the help of UCD Campus police.
Dr. Szabo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy General Hospital
University of California Davis Medical Center
UC Davis Medical Center
Mercy General Hospital - Sacramento
Mercy Healthcare Sacramento
36 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1977
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Robert Szabo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions4860 Y St, Sacramento, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Szabo in this video.
Dr. Robert Szabo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.