Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Tavera
Dr. Robert Tavera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Tavera is affiliated with Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Baptist Medical Center and Metropolitan Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Tavera has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert Tavera is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
We first met Dr. Tavera when he was on call at the hospital my mother was admitted to. Dr.Tavera took over my mother's medical care during a very critical time. He was very compassionate and took his time explaining everything to my mother and me. At the time, he seemed more knowledgable than the primary doctor she had of 2 years. We automatically saw and compared the difference between the medical care she was previously getting and the care a "real" doctor gives. He won was over instantly. We immediately changed doctors and have never regretted it. He continues to give the best medical care possible and monitors my mother very closely. I strongly recommend him to anyone that is seeking a primary doctor. He loves what he does and that comes across at each visit. Sad that not all doctors are the same. He is simply the best.
Dr. Tavera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Baptist Medical Center
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Center
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Northeast Baptist Hospital
Santa Rosa Dtn Hospital
Christus Santa Rosa Health Care
33 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1980
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Robert Tavera accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
Locations & DirectionsHealth Texas Medical Group-Metro Plaza, 1200 Brooklyn Ave, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Robert Tavera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.