Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert R Thoreson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Thoreson has been my doctor for many years. Unlike most, he takes the time to learn all that he can before jumping in or moving on. He takes my observations and concerns seriously and he has infinite patience to answer my questions and explain options. I wish I could find other medical professionals like this. Plus Paula and the rest of the staff are great.
And I have to drive a very long way to see this compassionate man. In fact he the only Dr. I would drive that far to see. He knows the human body after doing this work for thirty years. His IV cocktails have energized me in a way that I didn't think was possible.His staff and nurse are so kind. I love going to see Dr. Thoreson, he is a special man.
I have recently suffered from acute pain in my left arm due to a pinched nerve in my neck. I wanted to see Dr. Thoreson just to get some (not very strong) pain meds, because I can't get an appointment with a Neurologist for at least a month. Before I could see him however, the receptionist wanted $250!!!!! And I have very good insurance!!! I said I would not pay that for a simple office visit (nor would anyone in their right mind).So I start to walk out, and they said that I owed them even though I hand't even seen the doctor; I literally never set eyes on him. I suggested that we call the police and let them sort it out, to which they responded "That's OK, we'll only charge you half. As I'm dialing 911, they backed off and said I didn't have to pay. Greed, greed greed."Doctor" Thoreson IS what's wrong with the American medical system.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2010, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Thoreson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Robert R Thoreson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRound Rock Medical Clinic, 11410 Jollyville Rd Ste 3101, Austin, TX
Dr. Robert R Thoreson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.