Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert K Thornquist
Dr. Robert K Thornquist, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Thornquist is affiliated with Alaska Psychiatric Institute and Providence Alaska Medical Center. Dr. Thornquist has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert K Thornquist has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 19
I saw Dr. Thornquist for years...the last time, after many years of being prescribed medications for back pain and headaches, he suddenly said, "I'm not a pain doctor"...now, this was sprung on me when a disc had bulged in my spine and was laying on a nerve. The leg didn't work, but felt as if a tractor was on it..and suddenly I'm told he's not a pain doctor? No, he was not, but he had been treating my pain all along..it led me to wonder if he had gotten into trouble for his prescribing method, always 100 pills at a time. I sent a letter asking for a pain mgmt. doctor referral. No response, in fact, I had an almost impossible time getting any response from faxes in letter form, or phone calls. He went from being a good listener to getting out asap, probably because he was three hours behind schedule.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2009, 2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Thornquist is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Halifax Medical Center
Dr. Robert K Thornquist accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert K Thornquist Md, 3650 Lake Otis Pkwy Ste 104, Anchorage, AK
Dr. Robert K Thornquist is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.