Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert S Tomchik
Dr. Robert S Tomchik, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miramar, FL. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Tomchik is affiliated with Memorial Hospital West and Broward Health Medical Center. Dr. Tomchik has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert S Tomchik has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 31
Hope you have lots of cash because his office staff will require an appointment for a hang nail. Money grab central. Be prepared for lots of follow up appointments. Staff has zero accountability and you'll need to sort out your own insurance matters. Office staff is simply taking up space. Additionally, if you ask to have the doctor call you they say he won't call you back!
This doctor has the poorest receptionist. Their website clearly states the following: "One of the great advantages to choosing Doctor Tomchik as your doctor is the ability to see him on the same day or at the LATEST the next day." When I called to book a next-day appointment the receptionist said sorry we're booked. So when I mentioned the statement on the website she suggested that I go to urgent care, or wait for the next available appointment which was 4 days away! Not only was receptionist rude but this is false advertising. Glad I found out the true about how this doctor runs his practice!!
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tomchik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Robert S Tomchik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Steven Tomchik Md, 3161 SW 160th Ave, Miramar, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert S Tomchik in this video.
Dr. Robert S Tomchik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miramar, FL.