Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- Tennis Elbow Facts about tennis elbow, including what it is & signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Johnston
Dr. Robert Johnston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lubbock, TX. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Management and Anesthesiology. Dr. Johnston is affiliated with University Medical Center and TX Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman. Dr. Johnston has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Johnston has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Robert Johnston is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Johnston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Medical Center
TX Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman
36 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Robert Johnston accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsGrace Clinic, 4515 Marsha Sharp Fwy, Lubbock, TX
Dr. Robert Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.