Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert W Vanboven has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Robert W Vanboven has the following 18 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Seizure Disorders
- Muscle Weakness
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Intrinsic Sleep Disorders
- Facial Pain
- Parkinson Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Headache Disorders
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Memory Disorders
Dr. Robert W Vanboven has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
The diagnosis by the admitting physician was all wrong, except she did call Dr. Van Boven who did an MRI to find a blood clot in my brain and didn't stop asking me questions, until he was able to pinpoint the cause, in office surgery on my leg that I didn't consider surgery, just a procedure and had forgotten about. He was furious with that physician and prescribed blood thinner and watched me like a hawk until the clot; he called in a fabulous heart specialist, now at Emory, to figure out how the clot was able to get from my let to my brain (a hold). He was so protective, and the hospital staff was fantastic. had dissolbed
Dr. Vanboven was my neurologist here in Minnesota 6 years ago. This man saved my life and listened to me when no other Dr. would. He is amazing. Aggressive and doesnt stop testing and researching until he gets a diagnosis. He is extremely intelligent and has amazing integrity. We miss him in our community. I will and would whole heartedly recommend him to anyone needing neurological care. He is by far the best Dr. I have ever had.
Dr. Vanboven is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Mcgaw Medical Center Of Northwestern University
Dr. Robert W Vanboven accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsNeurotexas, 200 Medical Pkwy Ste 310, Austin, TX
Dr. Robert W Vanboven is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.