Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert L Velarde has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Robert L Velarde has the following 5 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Dr. Robert L Velarde is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Velarde is an excellent doctor..when you can get him. Both of our kids are patients of his and to actually get an appointment with him you have to specifically ask for him otherwise you get a PA or nurse practitioner which is not what I am paying for. The office staff are rude on the phone and in person. My wife was 10 minutes late ONCE and the woman at the front desk berated her in front of everyone there saying that since she was late that they might get her to see the doctor. My wife is a strong person and when someone makes her cry it is not for nothing. Also they grip about you being late but when we show up on time we end up waiting 30-40 minutes before we get to a room. I would not recommend this office until Dr. Velarde gets new staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
46 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Ucla Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRobert Louis Velarde Md, 5155 Blanton Rd, Eugene, OR
Dr. Robert L Velarde is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eugene, OR.