Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Bechtel
Dr. Robert Bechtel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norton, VA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bechtel is affiliated with Johnson County Community Hospital, Johnson City Specialty Hospital and Smyth County Comm Hosp. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Bechtel has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert Bechtel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My baby brother came in with facial trauma. We asked this Dr when he would be transferred to Noswongers for his surgery . He told me he was overwhelmed and busy with other patients and left the room. I am extremely displeased with the Dr here. The nurse is great!! But the doctor is horrible! I WILL be submitting a complaint with human resources!!!
Dr. Bechtel in my opinion is one of the best diagnosticians of any doctor I've used in the past 20 years. He has a very broad and practical knowledge of illnesses and diseases, and can quickly perform this diagnosis based on his experience and testing and in fact, has an excellent knowledge of how to apply pharmaceuticals and which ones interact. I highly recommend.
Dr. Bechtel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Johnson County Community Hospital
Johnson City Specialty Hospital
Smyth County Comm Hosp
Claiborne County Hospital
Johnson City Medical Ctr
Sycamore Shoals Hospital
Russell County Medical Center
Indian Path Medical Center
Johnston Memorial Hospital
North Side Hospital
Unicoi County Hospital
Mountain Home VAMC
Dickenson County Medical Center
Norton and Dickenson Community Hospitals
Russell County Community Hospital
Laffolette Medical Center
27 Years Experience
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Robert Bechtel accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions100 15th St NW, Norton, VA
Dr. Robert Bechtel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norton, VA.