Dr. Robert Powers Jr Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Robert Powers Jr?

Posted on December 19th, 2016

He's an amazing surgeon and his bedside manner cant be beat.

ARROGANT, Obnoxius and uncaring.

Posted on January 19th, 2014

The man Might and I use that word loosley, might be a good surgeon. First off the hospital might be a renowned establishment, But They were so negligent in my brothers death. There were so many things wrong that I can't write them all, therefore I will let you know some of the things which were really unprofessional. My brother had an aorta anuyrism. After suffering about three weeks after surgery. Long story short he developed an infection from the first surgery. they had put a temporary patch on and said he would need some permanent in the future. After calling Dr. Batty who had done the surgery , my brother was finally told he had an infection. They only discovered it because he had to go in for an emergency surgery due to the incompetance of the Dr. and staff. Dr. Batty seemed to do his job just ok. In the few days leading up to my brothers death here are a few things that disgusted us, his family. His meds were left on the bedside table without being given to him. He called for nurses to assist in his going to the bathroom. They never came and he tried to go himself and fell, hit his head and had severe memory loss for a while. Also sprained his wrist in that fall. An assistant yelled at him because he was yelling because no one would come to his aid during different times of the day. the noise was so loud and here it was the nurses chatting away talking abut their patients. One even said she didn't care about the people if they weren't her patients. My sister- in-law had to ask the nurse to please catherize him because when she walked in the room he was crying with tears running down his face he was in extreme pain and was never given his meds. He coud not urniate and he was lying in his own feces. These people do not care about their patients. They are only there for the paycheck. I'm sure there are good nurses there but I think he encountered all the screw ups! Just to let you know this was INTENSIVE CARE!!!! . Now for Dr. Arrogant Powers. This man thinks he is superior to everyone. You just have to have one meeting with him to understand what I'mean. He did not like my brother and my brother did not like him. I think that says it all. The staff or Dr. Powers who ever does it never it never cleaned my brother up once he passed. the funeral director said the tubes and needles were still in him and the tape was on his face so tight that there wer indentations on his face. He didn't know how decent he could make him look. He said he never had that experience with a deceased person before. I think Dr. powers wanted one last chance to humiliate my brother, and that is what he did. Please do not let this hospital do surgery on you. Find another Dr. that has compassion for his patient and someone that isn't affliated with this hole they call a hospital. I accepted my brothers passing but anyone reading this knows you wouldn't want to be treated this way or any one you loved.

Posted on November 1st, 2013

I am the wife of a patient who had surgery at Piedmont Atlanta with Dr. Powers as the surgeon. I requested a call back following my husband's surgery to be advised of the outcome. I received no call back following the surgery. My husband had to place a call to the doctor that evening. Dr. Powers finally called back. I asked Dr. Powers to explain to me the outcome of my husband's surgery. He insisted on talking to my husband and refused to tell me anything. He said I could get the information from my husband. This is TOTALLY unprofessional because I had permission to access my husband's health information, I am his primary care taker and my husband's memory isn't what it used to be. Dr. Powers may be a good surgeion (I don't know this), but his bedside manner leaves much to be desired. He was very rude to me on the phone. I've never had a doctor fail to call after my husband's multiple surgeries to explain what he found and, at the least, when he called he should have be more than willing to share this info with me, his wife.

Posted on March 23rd, 2017