Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Robert W Scott
Dr. Robert W Scott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakewood, NY. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert W Scott has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Robert W Scott has the following 11 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Robert W Scott has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
This man has terrible bedside manner, is gruff, arrogant and rude! My 2 young daughters were treated for warts and he was terrible with them. Made them both cry, never explained the procedure, and walked out of the room to leave me with 2 little girls crying and afraid to come back. He needs to retire, and I am so glad he is! Just terrible!! ZERO personality!!
The staff is very nice and professional. The doctor, not so much. I went for an acne follow up. Only my second time seeing this doctor. The first time was literally a two minute appt. Now, I can deal with his "no personality" attitude, but talking over me and suggesting more prescriptions after JUST telling me he's seeing improvement puts up some red flags. I got the feeling that I was stupid and he was smart. My last straw was when he wanted to prescribe 3 medications at once and for meds I've already tried. He had my record from my previous derm to see that! I told him it doesn't make sense to keep taking an antibiotic forever and applying creams and gels and washing my face 3-4 times a day. There has to be something else. He rudely said "I guess where done here and I'll cancel this out." He quit talking all together so I had no choice, but to walk out. He's condescending, rude and totally over his job....hence his retirement in just a couple weeks.
This physician was consulted for a common skin condition. He prescribed a medication in a dosage that caused severe side effects. My regular physician said the dose the too strong and negatively interacted with other meds I was taking. I just did not like him or his treatment and would never go back. I'll drive the 50 miles to Erie or Olean instead.
51 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1967
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRobert W Scott Md, 55 E Terrace Ave, Lakewood, NY
Dr. Robert W Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, NY.