Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert E Wailes
Dr. Robert E Wailes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oceanside, CA, with another office in Encinitas, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine. Dr. Wailes is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Fallbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert E Wailes has the following 1 specialty
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Acute Pain
Showing 5 of 19
THE WAY HE TREATED MY SISTER IS DISPICABLE. HES A REAL JERK HES RUDE, ARROGANT. MY SISTER ALMOST HAD A NERVEOUS BREAKDOWN AFTER SEEING HIM. HE HAS NO CARING , NO LOVE, ALWAYS LOOKING AT HIS WATCH. A REAL DEMEANING SELF CENTERED PUNK. . HE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM HIS PROFESSION. HE HAS SOME KIND OF MENTAL DISORDER.
I have looked over the reviews and cannot understand the negative comments. I can only imagine that it has something to do with people seeking or abusing drugs and not getting what they want. I have been a patient of Dr. Wailes for years and have had nothing less than exceptional service. He has created a whole team of caring individuals that have helped me through some serious times. I am not sure I would be here if it wasn't for the help I received from Pacific Pain Medicine. I would definitely recommend going to this practice if you are looking to getting better and back to your life, but I imagine things wouldn't work so well if you are just looking for drugs.
dr.wailes is one of the most rudest md's i have ever come across. i had recently had major back surgery and needed help for pain. after his insulting me about my weight(how can i exercise if i'm recovering from back surgery bur going to physical therapy)then calling me a liar when i tried to explain why my sheet of pain medications was so long(i was only following md's orders because no md could find the source of my back problem for about 2 1/2 years! they just kept putting me on pain meds. i explained that to him and he said that was not reasonable.Then he wanted to do a urine test to see if i had andy narcotics in my my system to which i had told him i did not. but i had a wuestion for him first. he said he didn't have time for the questionb because "the office was closing in 2 minutes" and he had to leave! absoulutely unbelievable! he found my uring clean of narcotics and decided to prescribe a pain patch after we discussed a couple other patches. i went to have the rx filled. the pain patch was for 7 days only(no problem) but my cost out of pocket(i have medicare/medical) was $98.00 for one week. i am on permanent disability and could in no way afford this patch. the following monday i called the office and asked the front office to let dr. wailes know my situation and wass there another patch we could try. i even suggesed a pain patch i had been on in the past by another pain mnmngt md(fentynol patch) which my insurance does cover. i was told that dr.wailes would not prescribe any other patch and i would have to come back in to discuss it. why would i have to go in on monday when i was just their on friday and we discussed different pain patches? plus each vist costs me money because they don't accept medi-cal just medicare. I have never been treated so poorly and unking my a professional in my life and this dr. should be repromanded i my opinion. he is a very cruel and unprofessinal doctor in my opinion and my fiancee was with my through the visit and too could not believe this man's behavior! He in my opinion should not be in pain management.
I have been a patient of Pacific Pain Management for over 7 years. I suffer from Degenerative Disc Disease, Scapulothoracic Bursitis and a Chiari I malformation. Dr. Wailes is your typical doctor, never enough time to spend with you, but the times I have seen him he has been very courteous and professional.He tried an IDET, epidural injections, nerve root block and facet joint injections. The IDET gave me relief for almost a year, but the others were unsuccessful, so they manage my pain with medications. For the pain management, I see their PA-C's every month. I have seen 2 different PA-C's over the last 7 years and they have been excellent. They listen to my concerns (concerns about tolerance to narcotics) and have always been honest and straight forward with me, even when it wasn't what I wanted to hear. The rest of the staff is courteous and kind and has taken the time to get to know me. Great group!
Dr. Wailes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Robert E Wailes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert E Wailes is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Oceanside, CA.