Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert S Walter has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Robert S Walter has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Robert S Walter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 12
I was a patient of Dr. Walter when I was younger and now my son Ayden is going to him. He has always been friendly and honest. I trust what he says which I can't say for the other doctor we took my son to prior. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Walter and the staff at Brandywine Pediatrics. Your children will be in amazing care!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. Robert S Walter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Robert S Walter
Dr. Walter received his Bachelors of Medical Science and Medical degrees through the accelerated Honors Program in Medical Education at Northwestern University in 1985 and completed his pediatric residency at Northwestern’s Childrens Memorial Hospital in 1988. Dr Walter is board certified in Pediatrics. He is on the active staff of Christiana Hospital and the Dupont Hospital for Children. Dr Walter was the residency director of DuPont/Jefferson pediatric program before joining Brandywine Pediatrics in 1998. He is a Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Jefferson Medical School and has been the Program Director for the annual ROY Warren Pediatric Seminar for over a decade. In addition to the practice of pediatrics, Dr Walter’s professional interests include medical education, adolescent medicine and pediatric safety. Dr Walter and his wife Rhonda have two children and a Springer Spaniel. Dr Rhonda Walter is the Chief of Developmental Medicine at the dupont Hospital for Children. In his spare time, Dr Walter enjoys the outdoors, exercising, movies and Philly sports (Cowboy and Yankee fans are still welcome)
Locations & DirectionsBRANDYWINE PEDIATRICS, 3521 Silverside Rd Ste 1F, Wilmington, DE
Dr. Robert S Walter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.