Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert L Weisman
Dr. Robert L Weisman, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY, with another office in Rochester, NY. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry. Dr. Weisman is affiliated with Golisano Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert L Weisman has the following 2 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Doctor Weisman is a great doctor and he is fair and will listen to you and hear you out. I have been a patient for several years of his, and I would recommend him. He will try out medications with you if you want to get the ones that work, and remove the ones that don't, just be honest with him, and he will do all he can to work things out. I have done well since receiving rx from him and Strong Ties in general. It may seem overwhelming to face illness issues, but although for a long time I did not respond, eventually I did. I graduated college and now can work and live independently, all underneath the care of this doctor and Strong Ties ACT team. I came a long way, and although as I said I was resistant to care for some time, I eventually found a path to healing that promises to continue, and my illnesses have improved to a point where they are slowly becoming negligible in my life. That's a long, long way. Dr. Weisman is a decent guy and a competent doctor, and actually tries to help whenever possible.
Dr. Weisman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Robert L Weisman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert L Weisman in this video.
Dr. Robert L Weisman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.