Dr. Robert M Weiss Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert M Weiss?

I love Dr. Weiss. He is knowledgeable and skilled in his profession and is caring and compassionate.

I recently had a routine colonoscopy. the staff, both in he office and at the hospital, were wonderful. Dr Weiss was professional and pleasant. I have extreme confidence in him.

Poor staff

I visited Dr Weiss about 9 years ago and didn't have any problems. In 2008 a primary care had scheduled me an appointment for a time frame when I was going to be on vacation. The primary care didn't cancel the appointment after they said they would and I was branded as a no show. When the need arose for me to have a colonoscopy due to sever rectal bleeding my new primary care doctor tried to schedule me an appointment. The staff at Dr Weiss's office was sure to tell them I didn't show for an appointment in the past then told her the earliest apt would be 5 months out. That day 5 months later I called and found out this was just a office visit (oh yea and was also sure to be reminded of my no show)and that the procedure would be scheduled for the following year! After finding this out I contacted another GI DR who scheduled me a office visit two weeks out and told me the procedure would be shortly after that. When I called to cancel my appointment the receptionist had a whole different tune. I am a very outspoken and blunt person and let her know I thought I was being mistreated because of the missed visit in the past. She did not denied at all but tried to assure me that if the Dr thought I required faster attention that I would be scheduled sooner but the problem is that when I was at my primary doctor's office they were stressing the severity of my problem and was told that the earliest visit would still be 5 months. The receptionist even made a comment that she thought they were being unfair because of what happened in the past. The problem with going to another GI doctor is tiring to get another one to take you as a patient when you have already seen one in the past. So I would caution anyone who is thinking about using this office. I have a great concern for a doctors office that is willing to play games with another persons health. With a history of crones in my family I know the importance of early detection and with a doctor's office like this you can throw early detection out the window!!!!!