Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Welik
Dr. Robert A Welik, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cumberland, MD, with another office in Cumberland, MD. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Welik is affiliated with University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Welik has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
Showing 5 of 10
This man should not be able to practice medicine. He has been my dr for about 7 years. Never once has he listened to my heart or lungs or for that matter ask me what was bothering me. He did not remember any of my history has prescribed me wrong medications and even dictated that I was another patient. He has brought me in at least once a week for over $100 a visit and never pulled any of my tests. I too had to go out of town to a reputable dr to find out why I have had the same pain for over 3 yrs. it was found to be terminal cancer and I was given a year to live. Dr Welik along with Dr Zaman told me over and over that I had no cancer yet every time I ended up in the hospital for the same pain or at an out of town office they found a tumor. Dr Welik is negligent and a total quack
Dr. Welick is very condescending. Does not want to listen to me - instead just diagnoses incorrectly many times.Have a very difficult time believing Dr. Welick has not faced any malpractice suits. Too many people I know have not been correctly diagnosed, and suffer needlessly until they see another doctor. Misdiagnosed two serious illnesses. Fortunately, I was able to get to another hospital in large city.I now have a life-threatening health issue that should have been diagnosed easily by Dr. Welick. Not listening, or paying attention to my complaints, will shorten my life expectancy significantly.Hospital staff, who confidentially talk to me and my family, are outraged at Dr. Welick's lack of knowledge, and "know-it-all" personality.I believe Dr. Welick overwhelms some patients who just accept his medical advice as "gospel". This is a rural area - unable to find any specialists in the immediate area.Dr. Welick has a courteous staff.By trusting this horrible phyisican, my life has been shortened.
Dr Welik has been my physician for several years, and I have always had excellent care. Prior to, and during that time, he doctored and treated my husband until my husband passed. Dr. Welik immediately addressed any needs my husband had. Dr. Welik was always available to help us. I can't say enough good things about him. He was most respectful of my husband and me.
Dr. Welik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Robert A Welik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert A Welik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cumberland, MD.