Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Wesman
Dr. Robert Wesman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Otolaryngology. Dr. Wesman is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus and Children's Hospital - Oakland. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Wesman has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
Dr. Robert Wesman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Wesman is great. They love going in for their ear-cleaning appointments with Dr. Wesman as odd as it sounds.They sit their quietly, don't kick or scream at all. He's very gentle with their ears and uses a soft calming tone with them, they are always so relaxed and thoroughly trust him. Our former ENT was a nightmare, didn't clean their ears out at all just gave them drops and sent them on their way. My girls hated their former DR. and screamed every time we went in, this is so refreshing to have a calm, quiet experience at the ENT. Very experienced, great Dr. Highly recommend and believe me we go all the time as the girls have infections constantly.
The treatment my son and I experienced yesterday was borderline abuse. Dr. Wesman grabbed my arm so abusively, it left a handprint, which is nothing compared to how he treated my two-year-old son. He grabbed his ear so hard, I heard it pop; at the same time, he was poking a steel instrument into his ear at which time his ear started to bleed. During all this, of course my son is screaming and crying. My son was up most of the night whimpering in pain and yes, his ear is still bleeding.
Dr. Wesman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
Children's Hospital - Oakland
39 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. Robert Wesman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions744 52nd St, Oakland, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Wesman in this video.
Dr. Robert Wesman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.