Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert B Westermann has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert B Westermann has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Robert B Westermann has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 4 of 4
Very poor bedside manner and arrogant. Mother saw him after being in severe pain and increasing immobility. She had a fall because of the immobility. A rheumatology referral was requested by my mother and he refused. One week later had blood test done which confirmed an inflammatory condition with values almost 4 times normal. Would NOT recommend this doctor under any situation.
I have never had a 40 minute face-to-face visit with a doctor until my first visit with Dr. Westermann. He went through every item on a four page medical survey his staff had me fill out. Now when I go in to see him, he has that and all the information since then. Even in my 15-minute appointments he is careful to review my history and asks about chronic issues even when I'm visiting for another reason.
34 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1984
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Robert B Westermann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIntermountain Memorial Clinic, 2000 S 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Robert B Westermann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.