Dr. Robert A Whisnant Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Robert A Whisnant?

Not very understanding

I sadly have PTSD due to childhood sexual trauma, I was a patient of his associate at the sane office who removed a tiny cancer from my bladder. After a long time I was sadly switched to Dr. Whisnant. He's a very cold person but he does his job so I stayed. After being a long time patient there having semi monthly cystoscopy checks to make sure the cysts didn't return it went to yearly. Right after my 5th year of yearly exams I sadly had a major depression due to my issues hit me. I in my own fault missed quite a few exams because to someone like me a cystoscopy is a very "invasive" exam. It's hard after what I'd been through. I started having bladder oain and was afraid. They wouldn't schedule me an appointment becaus I'd missed. I had to humiliate myself on the phone and explain my sexual issues to their always unfriendly receptionist. After ending a call weeping I was told he would get back to me. I got an ugly letter a few days later saying I was discharged. Now I'm just sitting here hoping the cancer hasn't come back. Dr. Whisnant is an insensitive uncaring soul and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. I got the sense he looked down on me since my first visit with him. I apologize for having too many tattoos and not looking the way his upscale patients do. I'm a good person who deserved a bit of understanding and empathy and neither he nor his staff had any. I think he missed the whole Hippocratic oath thing.

This was my second visit with the Doctor I found him very pleasant and answered my questions. I am a cancer survivor thus urologist are very helpful. I found him most helpful.

Go Elsewhere!

I don't know where to begin. First of all, making an appointment is a head ache in itself. The call takers are quite rude. Before you can get a few sentences out, they quickly demand your name/DOB/social like a machine. The appointment is set a month out, or later. Dr. Whisnant conducted a physical examination and determined or diagnosed me with a particular condition. My time with him was under ten minutes. He did not even order blood test or an ultrasound which are automatic for my type of complaint/condition. He referred me to radiology for a procedure. After the two hour procedure the doctors inform me that I do not have the condition that Dr Whisnant diagnosed me with. I follow up with Dr. Whisnant on how this could be. His explanation, "I don't know what they saw. I don't know what to tell you." He clearly has no concern for patients and trying to solve a problem. He recommended that I go elsewhere since I am not satisfied. How could I be?? Doctors using high tech equipment and performing an invasive procedure on me tell me I do not have this condition which contradicts the finding he had after a 5 minute exam? He has no explanation or apology nor does he seem to care. Not only is he a bad doctor but he is a bad human being. Do yourself a favor and avoid this man.

The staff is rude. On my follow up visit, the doctor first addressed my previous visit bill, inspite of no issues per se. My medical problem was dealt with unsatisfactorily.

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Whisnant is friendly and courteous to his patients. He has the knowledge and experience that I admire in a good doctor. He takes time to make sure all my questions are answered and that I understand his diagnosis and recommended treatments.

very poor doctor/people person

My Favorite Urologist

Dr. Whisnant is the kindest, friendliest, most caring Urologist I have ever had the opportunity to see. He always shakes my hand when he walks in the room, listens to me with full attention without interrupting, and shows genuine care for my well being. I recently had a month long struggle with a nasty kidney stone and he made sure to remove the stone properly through surgery and made sure I was comfortable the whole time. I've been seeing this doctor since my early twenties and I don't think I will ever switch. If you ever need to see a Urologist I highly recommend this one!

Dr. Whisnant is always professional but has a warm and caring bedside manner. He immediately puts you at ease and seems to genuinely care about the patient.