Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Robert Whitmore
Dr. Robert Whitmore, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine and Hepatology. Dr. Whitmore is affiliated with Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated, Clarian Health - Indiana University Hospital and Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Whitmore has the following 3 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
Dr. Robert Whitmore has the following 6 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hearing Loss
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Robert Whitmore has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 2
It is so hard to get an appt. right away. I had a severe abdominal problem and still had to wait over 3 weeks to get an appt. and then another week for a procedure. I enjoy Dr. Whitmore he was very intelligent and accurate. So if you don't mind waiting a long time to see him he is probably worth the wait.
Dr. Whitmore is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
Clarian Health - Indiana University Hospital
Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital
Clarian North Medical Center
Clarian West Medical Center
Clarian Health North
Methodist Medical Group and Specialty Physicians
Methodist Specialty Physicians
IU Health West
IU Health Methodist / IU Health University
IU Health Affiliated Physicians
IU Health North
Methodist Hospital Clarian Health
39 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Robert Whitmore accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & Directions1801 Senate Blvd, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Robert Whitmore is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.