Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert M Woznicki has 2 locations
640 Belle Terre Rd Ste J3
Port Jefferson, NY 11777
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert M Woznicki has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Robert M Woznicki has the following 13 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 4 of 4
Easily one of the best psychiatrists I’ve ever seen
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert M Woznicki - Posted on December 7th, 2018
Doctor Woznicki was my psychiatrist for several years before he closed his practice. He is easily one of the best psychiatrists I have ever seen. He was very knowledgeable in the medicines he prescribed and was very careful in monitoring how they were or weren’t working for me. Before seeing him, none of the medications any doctors prescribed me worked, in fact, every other doctors prescribed me drugs that only made me worse than i was. The medications Dr. Woznicki prescribed me saved my life and made me whole again. He certainly never overprescribed me medications and certainly did care a lot about how they were working for me. EASILY one of the most knowledgeable and caring doctors I’ve ever been to for mental health.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert M Woznicki - Posted on April 14th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert M Woznicki - Posted on July 18th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert M Woznicki - Posted on February 11th, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Krakow Acad Of Medicine
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Robert M Woznicki Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Robert M Woznicki's office for more information.
640 Belle Terre Rd Ste J3 Port Jefferson, NY : (631) 928-3184
167 Polk St Ste 300 Watertown, NY : (315) 782-7445
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert M Woznicki is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Port Jefferson, NY.