Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Zaloom
Dr. Robert A Zaloom, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Zaloom is affiliated with NYU Lutheran Medical Center. Dr. Zaloom has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Zaloom has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert A Zaloom has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Catheterization
- High Cholesterol
- Nutrition Disorders
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
Dr. Robert A Zaloom is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
At first, Dr Zaloom was a doctor whom I could fully trust. But then I was in the hospital, being admitted with chest pain and Dr. Zaloom told me that there is NOTHING WRONG WITHY HEART!!! Well now I go elsewhere and was diagnosed with heart disease and I also needed open-heart surgery. I am now fine and WILL NEVER REFER ANYONE TO DR. ZALOOM!!!!!
the front desk staff has always been a disaster but now its just ridiculous. every time i go there, there is a new girl who is just the same as the ones who came before her. theyre all the same type of person, nasty, rude, unfriendly and low class. a few years back, round 3 or 4 years, they actually had nice girls at the front and in the back with the doctors. of course they are all gone now. im a firm believer in the fact that the front desk is a reflection on the boss/doctor. what kind of doctor allows people like that to work for him? what a shame, dr zaloom is a great dr but i can not stomach going into or calling that office anymore.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Zaloom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Lutheran Medical Center
Dr. Robert A Zaloom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsBay Ridge Hearts Cardio Care Pc, 217 Ovington Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert A Zaloom in this video.
Dr. Robert A Zaloom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.