Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Ziegler
Dr. Robert Ziegler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ziegler is affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital, SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center and SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City. Dr. Ziegler has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Ziegler has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert Ziegler has the following 12 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Robert Ziegler has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert Ziegler is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ziegler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
SSM St Clare Health Center - Fenton
SSM St. Joseph Health Center-Wentzville
Ssm St Joseph Hospital Of Kirkwood
Forest Park Community Hospital
St. Mary`s Health Center
Ssm St Clare Health Center
SSM Rehabilitation Hospital
37 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Robert Ziegler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert Eliot Ziegler MD, 7937 Big Bend Blvd, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Robert Ziegler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.