Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roberta J Jones has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Roberta J Jones has the following 13 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Jones was the answer when we needed her the most. My husband suffered a heart attack while at Nix Health and subsequently had a stent procedure. The experience left him depressed and not confident as he would normally be. Gratefully the cardiologist called for Dr. Jones and she came to his bedside while he was still at Nix Health in Intermediate Care. She encouraged him by her tender and skillful manner to learn where he was in his thoughts and mind about his experience. He opened up about many things that bothered him, which released him from a lot of unnecessary fears. We can never thank Dr. Jones enough for what she did.
Dr. Jones exceeded our expectations! She is professional, thorough, has fantastic assessment capabilities with wonderful bedside manners. Her sense of humor puts you at ease. In treating our loved one, we give Dr. Jones an AAA+++ as an overall rating! We highly recommend her to take care of your loved one.
22 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Roberta J Jones accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roberta J Jones is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Helotes, TX.