Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roberta A Swain has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Swain saved my sister's life several years ago when she found a suspicious mole on her leg. She sent the sample to a lab to have it checked but the results came back that it was not cancerous. She had the presence of mind to send it back for a second test; I guess she just knew there was something wrong. That time it came back as melanoma and they were able to perform a surgery which spared my sister. She cares about her patients and takes her job very seriously. Dr. Swain is the most thorough doctor I have ever seen. She checks everywhere to make sure that she does not miss even the tiniest mole or skin condition. Nothing gets by her and she does not leave anything to chance. In addition to her thoroughness, Dr. Swain is very kind and happily listens to your concerns. I know that I am receiving the best and most-reliable dermatological care when I go to her office for my annual.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Roberta A Swain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology And Dermatology Surgery Of Mobile Pc, 3153 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL
Dr. Roberta A Swain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.