Have you seen Roberto C Bergamaschi?

Outstanding surgeon and staff

Dr. Bergamaschi did a robotic resection, removing my cecum last summer. He was extremely compassionate and informative, fully engaged in my condition, and obviously caring. He explained clearly and fully my options, and before and after surgery and during my recovery was personally attentive. I consider myself very fortunate to have him as my surgeon, and recommend him without any hesitation to all. My surgery was complicated by a cardiac condition, and so Dr. Bergamaschi's skill was certainly both tested and needed for me to survive the operation, and thrive afterwards. I am forever indebted to him. Janice, who manages his practice, is also highly qualified and compassionate. I never felt rushed, and never felt like a faceless number. Rather, all of my interactions with Dr. Bergamaschi, Janice and his staff were highly personal and personable.

DISAPPOINTED IN TREATMENT

Dr. Bergameschi was my 26 year old son Doctor, who had stage 2 colon cancer. He should not have died. And i believe that he may have had a chance if we had chosen someone else. Dr. Bergameschi lacks communication to inform family of a plan for treatment. He seems to alway be in a rush to get somewhere, his communication was us was aweful. he lacks rushing treatment, which puts the patient in Danger. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR UNLESS THEY HAVE TO SCRAPE YOU OFF THE ROAD!

Get another opinion

Rude no explaining of what u have. In such a rush. His nurse Janice rude and doesn't know what's going on.

Very rude doctor.. No beside manner. You cant ask any questions..His nurse Janice is worse than him she tell you wrong information..They told me i needed a colostomy bag. marked my body up for bag..I couldnt take there rudness.. Find a different doctos ..Surgery was great NO BAG..Great doctor i found.. Do not see this doctor...

compassionate

Dr. Bergamashi was the on call doctor when my mother got taken into emergency sugery for a severe bowel obstruction. He was very caring and upfront about the severity of my mothers condition. He did not give up her performed multiple surgeries and although my mother passed away in the end dr. Bergamachi did everything in his power to give my mother a chance. He was honest and caring and saw my mother and spoke with us every day. His team was caring and extremely knowledgeable. He dealt with a famiy that wasnt ready to let go of their lived one and was supportive and walked us through everything. Even though the outcome was not what we had hope we had an amazing team giving their all. I highly recommend both Dr. Bergamachi and his team.

This doctor makes you feel like family I knew after meeting with him that this was the person that I was meant to meet and be treated by.

This doctor performed a surgery on my son after a terrible accident. When the patient had unresolved issues a year later I made an appointment to see him. The Friday before the appointment the doctor's office left a voicemail--after hours so I couldn't call back--canceling the appointment because the doctor didn't want to see him. When I called the office on the day of the appointment (monday) the doctor still refused to see him at the scheduled appointment time, and refused even to talk to me. He was incredibly rude. Even his nurse refused to talk to me. We never had any fight or argument so I have no idea why. It was a very complicated surgery due to the accident so I can only guess--since he won't talk to me--that the doctor doesn't want to see us because the condition is too difficult or complicated for him to handle. Either that or he feels like he did a bad job on the surgery and doesn't want to face us. I would definitely avoid this guy.

Tom B.

Dr.Bergamaschi has treated me and did my surgery. He is the complete package. He is caring, kind, and rates the highest in all regards.

Roberto C Bergamaschi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.