Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roberto E Velez
Dr. Roberto E Velez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mason City, IA, with another office in Mason City, IA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Velez is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa. Dr. Velez has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Roberto E Velez has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 3 of 3
When I first saw Dr.Velez I was at my last stand and thinking he was the one or it is in my head. When he came in he said no more suffering lets find out what I can do to help you and a week later at the age of 27 I was having a total Hysterectomy finally no more pain he finally gave me a true diagnose's of Endometriosis and said even though I am young there was nothing he could do but fix the problem he told me I would feel about the same as I did before the pain came on six years of suffering and Doctors miss diagnosing me and telling me it's all in my head is over thank you for being an awesome funny kind hearted Doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Velez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr R E Betances Mayaguez Medical Center
Dr. Roberto E Velez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roberto E Velez is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Mason City, IA.