Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robin Baxter has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 12
She really listens and talks with you about what is going on. She doesn't just get you in and out with a prescription. She genuinely cares about helping you fix problem areas in your life and sheds light on a lot of things you otherwise didn't think about. Only complaint is wait time, but she more than makes up for it, because she wants to spend that quality time with every patient.
dr. baxter was referred to me by a friend and i am so glad she did. i have seen a few psychiatrist in the past but never really felt like they cared or took the time to get to know me and diagnose the problem. it was nice for her to ask me how i felt and if i was in her shoes with her being the patient and me being the psychiatrist what would i say and do. it made me feel like she really understood where i was coming from and cared. i always enjoy my appointments with her
Dr. Baxter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Virginia Mason Medical Center
39 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Robin Baxter accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1001 4th Ave, Seattle, WA
Dr. Robin Baxter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.