Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robin M Buchholz has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Robin M Buchholz has the following 14 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
Dr. Robin M Buchholz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robin M Buchholz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
I made a appointment with this doctor after my regular dermatologist dropped from my insurance plan, she was in same practice and specialized in my condition. When booked i was told 4:20, when I arrived i was informed my scheduled appointment was 4:50. At 5:30 i was finally called to office (I had been waiting area at this point for 1 hour and 20 minutes). The medical assistant was very pleasant reviewing my history and my current issue, after informing her this was a regular 3 months check-up suggested by my former dermatologist she left room to inform Dr. Buchholz. I overheard the doctor questioning her the reason for my visit. she continued to ask questions that were clearly in my chart history. I decided to dress, the assistant asked me not to leave and advised the doctor i was going to leave, she instructed her to tell me she would be in shortly. I was exasperated with her lack of concern; the long wait etc. All questions she wanted answered before entering the room were in my chart. She even asked the assistant if i had any flare-up; well, that was the reason for my visit, if i could diagnosis myself i wouldn't have bother to make appointment. Even as she was told i was dressing to leave she made no attempt to reach out to me. I don't know the treatment she usually accords her patient but if this is indicative of her service I suggest you stay away, I know I will.
Dr.Buchholz, is a terrible, incompetent Dermatologist when to see her for a skin condition. I was never examined only by observing it she prescribed the wrong medication. Self intuition made me seek another Dermatologist After the second visit to the new physician it was a big improvement. I will never recommend her professional services to any one.
Terrible. She misdiagnosed me, not realizing I had cellulitis, and gave me a cream which made it so much worse. Infection spread all over my torso and was horribly painful. When I called to discuss, she refused to get on the phone! I just wanted to figure it out and treat it, but I guess she was too worried about lawsuits to worry about my excruciating pain. She put her Assistant on the phone, and I could hear Dr. Buchholz in the background telling the asst to blame me! I repeat, terrible. Do not use.
Dr. Buchholz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1989
Kaleida Health System
Dr. Robin M Buchholz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robin M Buchholz in this video.
Dr. Robin M Buchholz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.