Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robin H Dretler
Dr. Robin H Dretler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Decatur, GA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Dretler is affiliated with Rockdale Medical Center Inc and Dekalb Medical Center. Dr. Dretler has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robin H Dretler has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Wounds and Injuries
- Fever of Unknown Origin
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Infectious Disease
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Worst bedside manner ever!
20 years ago you told me if I didn't follow your protocol I would die. I vowed at that point to live to prove you wrong. As I have aged ,as you, I hope you have changed your approach to patients. Although at the time I thought you were rude and insensitive.. I have now realized you were part of my driving force to prove you wrong. So thank you in a weird way. I've been waiting twenty years just to write you.
Exceptional bedside manner. Very caring and compassionate. Easy to talk to and provides clear answers to questions taking the time both listen and explain. Competence and ability appear to be top notch. While there may be waits in the waiting room or to get an appt I believe this is because of the high demand for his services and the individual time and attention he gives to each individuaal
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Dretler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Robin H Dretler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDekalb Medical Cmprhnsve Wound Care, 2665 N Decatur Rd Ste 340, Decatur, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robin H Dretler in this video.
Dr. Robin H Dretler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, GA.