Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robin Ellett has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 5
Years ago I worked as the Director of Patient Services where Dr. Ellett was the Medical Director. You can't find a more compassionate and caring physician. When she was late for an appointment it was because she was outside in the street playing basketball with overweight teens encouraging them to exercise to lose weight. Sometimes I would apologize to a waiting patient for a delay in seeing Dr. Ellett and the patient would undoubtedly say, "It's okay because I know she's going to spend that much time and more with me when I get in there!." If anything, Dr. Ellett would stay in trouble with management because she prioritized patients over profit. The profit model is 15 minutes for a follow-up and 30 minutes for a complete physical exam. That meant nothing to Dr. Ellett who would not just treat the patient, but often the entire family. I've seen an entire family in one exam room being treated by Dr. Ellett and they didn't just talk medicine. They talked about behavior and how the children were doing in school. All of this also has to do with health. Lastly, one day we had a visitor who we were told is top in his medical field. I sat in an exam room with he and Dr. Ellett when he decided to quiz her by rattling off the symptoms he encountered with one of his toughest cases. Before he could even finish, Dr. Ellett answered correctly with the diagnosis. You won't find a better doctor. You really won't.
Dr. Ellett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rappahannock General Hospital
24 Years Experience
University of North Carolina
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Robin Ellett accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robin Ellett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartfield, VA.