Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robin C Geletka has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Robin C Geletka has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Robin C Geletka has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I have had anemia for several years accompanied by arthritis and chronic pain. All this doctor did was see me less than 5 minutes and send me off to lab for blood work which I had requested. He had a nurse call me with the results which again showed anemia with no explanation as to why or any recommendation to treat or further explore.He sated you don't have rheumatoid arthritis only osteo- arthritis so there is no need for you to see me again. What a waste of my time.
I have been seeing this doctor for almost 2 years. I have been so disappointed in his care, followup, LISTENING to my problems and taking my fears and issues seriously.I would not recommend this physcian. Having Lupus and RA are serious and hard to leave with...this doctor doesn't listen, spends absolutely no time with you...NEEDS SOME EMPATHY TRAINING or QUIT practicing medcine.
Dr. Geletka is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1997
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWinship Cancer Institute Of Emory University, 1365 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robin C Geletka, MD - Rheumatology in Atlanta, GA, in this video.
Dr. Robin C Geletka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.