Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robin Maier
Dr. Robin Maier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Maier is affiliated with The Children's Institute, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Health System and UPMC Passavant. She speaks English.
Dr. Robin Maier has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robin Maier is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Treats you as an equal. Is very knowledgable. Doesn't just treat what you came in to the office for, but will review your overall health and monitor what you've come in for in the past and remind you to get appointments for regular checkups and routine tests. She will send you to a specialist rather than waste your time with a generalist diagnosis and treatment.She will remember who you are, not just what you came in for. You feel like you are chatting with a friend versus a impersonable doctor. She always comes in smiling and is self-deprecating so you feel very comfortable opening up to her.Dr. Maier is very good. It may not always be easy to get an appointment right away, but she's worth the effort and the wait.
Dr. Maier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Children's Institute
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Health System
UPMC South Side
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
Monongahela Valley Hospital
15 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRobin Marie Maier MD, 6420 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Robin Maier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.