Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robin S Park has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Robin S Park has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
Showing 5 of 29
Beware. My child was put on the maximum ADULT dosage of 2 medications and experienced horrible, life-threatening side effects. Her response was stronger medication with even worse side effects. She’s arrogant and has no interest in a parent’s knowledge of their own child. I’m so grateful we got away from her.
You wait anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour and a half PAST your appointment time. I heard people have waited two hours there as well. Good thing they've got that movie on-the same one every time. She continually forgets what medications you are on, suggesting you take something you quit because of a bad reaction and even giving you a prescription for the wrong drug. I do not trust her. She doesn't really listen to your concerns, health problems, and side effects of the medication. I gained 13 pounds on Lexapro, and she spent ten minutes arguing whether I had even gained weight (WHAT??) and then trying to wring out some way it could be my fault. Then she insisted I double the dose...I even literally gained 2.5 pounds over night the next day. I am furious. I have now gained over fifteen pounds because of this medication. It has made me very self conscious and it has been very hard to lose the weight. I can't believe she didn't take me off this mediaction on the first visit after I had been on Lexapro (about two weeks since she prescribed it to me), and I had gained 9 pounds. But she suggested it was 9 pounds of water weight...
I saw Dr. Park about 5 years ago, and I still think of her to this day. She made judgement on me right away, at the time I was 18-19. She also jumped to a conclusion about a diagnosis. She called me promiscuous, and fat. She questioned why I had left my previous doctor, she didn't actually listen to my reason. She later told me she talked to that doctor and in fact instructed that doctor during her education (no wonder I didn't like that doctor either). She also called me a "doctor shopper" because she was the third doctor I had been to. To me mental health is important, and it's important for me to find the right doctor, I'm sure if you're reading this you relate. I haven't seen a psychiatrist since her because it was such an unpleasant experience.
35 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Robin S Park accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
Locations & DirectionsSparrow Psychological Services, 777 Craig Rd Ste 100, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Robin S Park is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.