Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robin L Trumbull has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases. This means they're required to have a comprehensive knowledge of disease and what it looks like under a microscope.
They provide test results to your doctor, who then makes an informed decision about your diagnosis and the best treatment options for you. Without the work of clinical pathologists, doctors technically wouldn’t be able to diagnose patients as accurately as we can today. It's also worth noting that clinical pathologists are different from anatomical pathologists, who analyze tissue taken from a biopsy or entire infected areas as well as whole body parts.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 20
I have been seeing him for 2 years, and I chose him based on Yelp reviews. He has an amazing, comfortable, bedside manner. I completely disagree with the poster who said he doesn't keep up-to-date. Dr. Trumball is an older fellow, but not outdated. He and I have discussed very current treatments and protocols for lots of things (beyond what I have been there for). He is old-school in that he listens to the patient, and takes all that into account when he diagnoses or shares info. He loves it when you are curious. He certainly doesn't push treatments that are expensive or useless. I will say he has a large demographic of patients- some of whom seem to be pretty needy and perhaps filled with drug/alcohol problems. His office is basic and older, but certainly clean. I have been very pleased.
I've been going to Dr Trumbull for 4+ yrs now. He's seen me at my worst and at my best. He has close to best bedside manner of any Dr. I've ever gone to. He explains what's going on in layman's terms and is in no way threatening. Sometimes he can be rushed but that's not the norm. I have a number of health issues and Dr. Trumbull seems to get any test, blood work or referral needed to get an accurate diagnosis for any treatment required.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
44 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1974
Michigan State University
Dr. Robin L Trumbull accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFamily Urgent Care, 2644 M St Ste A, Merced, CA
Dr. Robin L Trumbull is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Merced, CA.