Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roblee Allen
Dr. Roblee Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Allen is affiliated with Mercy San Juan Medical Center, University of California Davis Medical Center and UC Davis Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Roblee Allen has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Pulmonary Hypertension
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr.Allen and his specialist team are miracle workers! Dr.Allen and his team are very down to earth and can translate all the medical jargon into simple terms. It is easy to contact them for any of your concerns and they are always friendly. This is a very through Doctor and Team of Specialist in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Thank all of You!
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy San Juan Medical Center
University of California Davis Medical Center
UC Davis Medical Center
35 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Roblee Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2315 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Roblee Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.