Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rocco Calderone
Dr. Rocco Calderone, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Camarillo, CA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Calderone is affiliated with St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital, Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura and Ojai Valley Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Rocco Calderone has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 44
Dr. Rocco Calderone is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. He is very knowledgeable in his field. He encourages 2nd opinions to reassure his patient of his opinion. Dr. Calderone is also very personable and his staff is very nice and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr. Calderone. Also he explains the procedures he will perform and takes great care to avoid any infection.
We first met Dr. Calderone as an emergency for my wife's broken wrist. After setting the fracture, he followed up with a bone plate a week later. She healed well. Then she ruptured a tendon in the same wrist 6 months later. It was repaired successfully with a graft. I have had three knee surgeries, waiting for the latest one to heal. All his work is excellent, with great results.
I can not thank Dr. Rocco Calderone, and his staff, enough for giving me my life back. Everything went wonderful, highly qualified and personable doctor. I healed really quick with an incision that is only a few inches long...and I never even got a bruise. How do you do that? Wonderful doctor, wonderful wonderful wonderful to be mobile and pain free!!!
They say things happen in three's , well Dr. Calderone preformed "three" great surgerys. He preformed two surgerys on my wife in the past three years , Spinal & a broken Ankle . She healed beautifully on both . Now that I needed knee surgery, there was no question on who to preform this surgery . I had him do my knee surgery . He did a great job , all three times. He has great bedside manner , great on follow up appt's . an orthopedic specialist that's worth his weight in gold. I'd recommend him to anyone needing a great orthopedic surgeon.......... Thanx , Doctor Calderone
Dr. Calderone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital
Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura
Ojai Valley Community Hospital
St. John's Regional Medical Center
Pleasant Valley Hospital
24 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Rocco Calderone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2486 N Ponderosa Dr, Camarillo, CA
Dr. Rocco Calderone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Camarillo, CA.