Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rocio Quintero has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Rocio Quintero has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Quintero is an awful professional or best said an unprofessional. She doesn't pay any attention to things you said about your illness, never look at you or get involved with you as a patient. She is sarcastic and all she does is to read in loud voice what other specialists said in previous visits you did to them. As a cancer patient I can say that she disregard your feelings and doesn't take into account your complains about what terrible you feel ( physically I mean). I'm suffering from a lot of pain but never take any pills for it because my liver is not doing well due to toxic meds, however lately the pain is really uncomfortable so I asked her for ibuprofen to help me out to feel a little better from my bone and joints pains, all I got as an answer was a NO, and a had a feeling that she had a complete wrong perception in what I was looking for and was treated as a drug addict. It's good to point that I'm a responsible young person that never have been involved in drugs, alcohol or any substance abuse and for first time in my life (when got sick due to cancer at age of 40) NEVER ever before I used any kind of medicine since I used to be healthy. The waiting time in the clinic she serve as Family Dr. Is ridiculously long (4+ hours). Worst experience ever with this lady, worry! But is hard to me to call her Dr.
The waiting time in office is terrible even with appointment and if you need to contact the office for a very,very important question or to get results of tests done is almost impossible, the staff never answers the phone. you always get an answering machine that says they will answer within 24 hrs (no way) I've been waitin 3,4 and more days and never received an answer. The Dr. is very good answering her calls when she gets the messages. I believe the staff does not give her the messages.
39 Years Experience
Universidad De Panama
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Rocio Quintero accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
Locations & DirectionsJefferson Reaves Sr Health Center, 1009 NW 5th Ave, Miami, FL
Dr. Rocio Quintero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.