Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Roderick S Kim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Had to wait way to long. It took an hour for him to get into the room then he went over the same medications over and over again. He is a good doctor and goes over everything but needs to get through things quickly and stay on schedule. Would rather see his PA who seems to keep on schedule and get right to the point. If you see him you may need to leave your whole day open. Sadly, most people don't have that luxury unless your retired.
Dr. Roderick Kim has been my physician the last few years since my previous doctor, in the same office, retired. Dr. Kim has a full slate of patients and sometimes is late getting to me because of them, but he then spends all the time he and I need to deal with whatever problem I have. He always takes the time to ask if I understand what he is explaining, and always asks if I have questions before I leave. He has encouraged me to take printouts of our sessions because he knows I'm a pro-active kind of patient. I appreciate his skills and patience.
Dr. Kim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Blodgett Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Roderick S Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEast Paris Internal Medicine, 1000 E Paris Ave SE Ste 260, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Roderick S Kim in this video.
Dr. Roderick S Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.