Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Roderick McPhee
Dr. Roderick McPhee, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in West Bloomfield, MI, with another office in Troy, MI. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. McPhee is affiliated with Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center, Providence Hospital and Medical Center and Sinai-Grace Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Roderick McPhee has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Drug Allergy
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
First of all I completely disagree with the other reviews on this website and quite frankly I am very shocked! I have been to MANY doctors through the years and I have never had a more thorough exam or had more time spent with me than Dr.McPhee did. He really genuinely cared about my concerns and had an answer or solution to everything. I would let him treat my children and every member of my family with the utmost confidence! Overall great Doctor and person
Totally disturbing experience with this bully ! He got some facts wrong and accused me of asking him to pay my bill at an office he had referred me to !! This doctor wouldn't do the procedure. Dr Mcphee's staff must have given him the wrong message and he called me and said, "I don't ever want to see your face in my office again. I never have met anyone who would expect me to pay their bill." I said, "there must be a mistake, I don't expect you to pay my bill" and he said, "Can't you tell I'm angry?" My husband, who is a doctor who has been in practice for 50 years, called Dr. M. and told him he acted in a bully like manner . etc and Mcphee thanked him??!! But, of course, never attempted to apologize to me. He has some "issues" and there is a lot of anger behind that calm looking face.
Dr. McPhee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Providence Hospital and Medical Center
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Royal Oak (7 Years
13 Years Experience
Wayne State University
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Roderick McPhee accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Roderick McPhee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Bloomfield, MI.