Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rodger K Garrett has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Rodger K Garrett has the following 3 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
Showing 5 of 42
I have been seeing Dr. Garrett for about 4 years now. I had a really hard time dealing with my pain and understanding what was wrong with me. I am so pleased that I was referred to Dr. Garrett. He takes his time and is sure to answer all my questions and he ensures that I understand what he is telling me. He really cares and he has been in a similar situation. Sometimes there is a long wait at the office but I do not mind waiting because I know that he is giving some other patient the same level of service that he is giving me. Dr. Garrett is worth the wait. He helps with my pain and also helps me in dealing with the pain mentally and emotionally. I would recommend him to anyone. I do think that the employees at the check in/out counter could be a little nicer and maybe smile a little. They often times make me feel like I am bothering them and they ignore patients when they walk up to the counter until they are ready to say something to you.
It is sometimes hard to get rescheduled. Can't always get through to the operator to speak with someone at the front desk. If you don't see Dr Garrett, you might see a nurse. The last time I was there, the nurse changed my medications.
Dr. Garrett is the only doctor in our area who sees patients who suffer from migraines. He is the only doctor I have ever seen, in the 30+ years of suffering from migraine headaches, who has been able to alleviate a large percentage of my migraines. He and his staff also are very polite, patient, and understand their patients' suffering. I wish there were more doctors like him.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Rodger K Garrett accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRodger Kenneth Garrett Md, 4724 N Davis Hwy # 200, Pensacola, FL
Dr. Rodger K Garrett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pensacola, FL.