Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rodger W Lefler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rodger W Lefler has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
It is very hard to find a doctor today that will actually take the time to listen to what you have to say. Dr. Lefler has a wonderful patient bedside manner and always listened. Many of the doctors today are overbooked with appointments they don't have the time to listen to their patients and I never felt like I was being pushed out the door so he could see his next patient. Dr. Lefler is by far one of the best doctor's I have had the opportunity to know and to be a patient of for the last 3 years. I have now moved to and we are in search of finding a needle in a hay stack to find someone like Dr. Lefler. It is sad that the medical insurance plans dictate the way doctors can treat their patients. Dr. Lefler is not about how much money he can make but how well he can treat & take care of his patients. When I told Dr. Lefler I was losing my job and would no longer have health insurance, he was gracious enough to provide us with some BP medicine samples of the prescriptions we were currently to help us for short period of time until we could find a new doctor & other means for insurance coverage. Dr. Lefler said his parents raised him to treat other people like you would want to be treated yourself. I am grateful of everything he has done for my husband and myself. Thank you very much Dr. Lefler.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Rodger W Lefler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rodger W Lefler in this video.
Dr. Rodger W Lefler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gastonia, NC.