Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rodney J Kratz has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Colon Cancer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Colorectal Cancer
- Bowel Resection
- Rectal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Rectal Bleeding
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
I had my very first colonoscopy with Dr Kratz, and could not be happier about the experience. He's really calm and personable, which was super-helpful in the situation. I'd recommend him (and his staff!) without reservation to anyone considering having a similar procedure. I did expect that I'd want to forget about the colonoscopy as soon as I could afterwards, and instead I came away with the weird notion that I had just met a number of people I'd love to spend more time with.
Dr. Kratz is amazing! I had to have an in-office procedure done initially and then surgery. He was excellent for both. He always took the time to listen to my concerns, answer all of my questions and thoroughly explain what my options were. During the in-office procedure he was extremely gentle and made sure I was comfortable and knew what to expect. I needed to have my surgery scheduled quite quickly and he was so accommodating. Being that this was my first surgery I was extremely nervous. He came early and answered any questions I had and really made me feel at ease. He was patient and kind and even waited till the anesthesia wore off to explain that everything went well and to see if I had any questions or concerns. I had to have numerous follow up visits and he was always gentle and never made me feel rushed. He is a wonderful doctor and excellent at what he does.
I went to visit this doctor and he didn't care at all if I was there. I've had hemorrhoid for two months that really need attention. He basically told me to come back in three weeks and he can't do anything. I ask if I can get something and basically told me nothing to just wait three weeks and call him. I walked off upset. I won't waste my money on this sympathetic person.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
21 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Rodney J Kratz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSwedish Colon And Rectal Clinic, 1101 Madison St Ste 510, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rodney J Kratz in this video.
Dr. Rodney J Kratz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.