3.3

Have you seen Dr. Rodney B Young III?

Best Doctor

Dr. Young exceeded my expectations! So happy with my results. He cared about what I wanted from the beginning and made me feel very comfortable.

Happy healthy results.

I have had great results with the 6+ procedures done by Dr. Young. He has a kind and honest bedside manner. I recommend him to anyone that needs his special skills! I look forward to seeing him again for my Botox touch ups!

Needs Improvement

Dr. Yong's office manager was rude and cold. The nurses were fine. He has the habit of letting in student doctor(s) without the permission or consent of the patient in the exam room. I was in the middle of putting on the hospital gown when Dr. Young came into the room with a student doctor and without knocking. No apology, or "Sorry, should we come back when you are ready?" To him, I was like a specimen. He proceed to ask the student doctor what she thinks about my condition. In fact, Dr. Young was more eager to teach the student than pay attention to his patient, me. He mocked my questions and information I obtained from the internet. In my opinion, Dr. Young is an arrogant, inpatient and rude human being. He needs to improve his bedside manner and retrain his staffs. But, he's an excellent surgeon.

Amazing surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Young by two separate well-respected surgeons in the area who said Dr. Young was the guy to see who specialized in lipo revision and fat transfer. That made me feel amazing being referred to the same doctor by two separate doctors in the same field. I was a little confused when I saw the 3 plus stars by his name but as I read the reviews it all started to make sense. The majority of negative comments had to do with his staff versus his skills as a surgeon. I don't think people should be allowed to write a review on a surgeon who hasn't actually performed surgery on them. The majority of patients who had Dr. Young perform surgery gave him 5 stars. There where several things I really liked about Dr. Young. First of all if it was important to me it was important to him. He didn't make me feel silly or stupid for asking about certain things like other doctors that made you feel ridiculous for having concerns about certain issues. He was very honest about risk/reward and isn't willing to take risks but if he feels like he can make an improvement he is certainly willing to try. His knowledge in the field is impressive, as it should be and he explained the why's and hows very patiently and thoroughly. Most importantly he did a great job! Isn't that what it comes down to! I want someone who knows his stuff! I'm not looking for a new best friend or to be coddled but to be treated with respect and have concern for what is important to me and for him to be skilled in what he does. Also those that complained about his staff I had no problem with them. Everyone was incredibly nice. Not overly mushy but knows their stuff and gets the job done which is what I want in the end is results not a lot of hand-holding but do your job and give me good results. I need to make a comment about the person who gave one star because he had the glass partition closed on him....Ummm it's called patient privacy. I have been in the waiting room and it would be completely understandable and necessary to close the glass partition because a patient could have just been coming out of a consult room and checking out and discussing their procedure, which is a very legitimate reason to close the partition. People can be so sensitive. Not everything is about you! Anyway when it is all said and done Dr. Young is very good at what he does. He did a phenomenal job and I couldn't be more pleased. Another positive is once the swelling goes down and you are healed if he thinks there is still room for improvement or that tweaking can be done he is more than willing to do it versus other surgeons that just want to be done and say it is good enough. He is a perfectionist and he listens and does what you want and not what he wants because he wants to make you happy and give you the results you want. On a side note, whoever said something negative about his office manager I completely disagree with their assessment of her. She couldn't have been more kind. She even came in and checked on me prior to my surgery before being put under she came in to see how I was doing and wish me all the best. He is a great surgeon with a great staff! That's all I can say!

I had a terrible experience with Mr Young many years ago. I had breast cancer and he did reconstruction. I am still suffering with the side effects of his surgical skills.

Dr. Rodney B Young III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Charleston, SC.