Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Rodney D Zimbelman has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Rodney D Zimbelman has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 10
Wow! I am not easily impressed, but Dr. Zimbelman is outstanding. I was scheduled for a total knee replacement at St. Joseph Medical Center with Dr. luallian and Dr. Zimbelman was my anesthesiologist. He was very thorough, compassionate and an excellent clinician. I had my other knee replaced 4 years ago. This was a much, much better experience. He placed a nerve block which kept me comfortable during my entire hospitalization. Dr. Zimbelman saw me four separate times postoperatively. Truly a blessing to have had Dr. Zimbelman for my anesthesiologist.
I was very impressed with Dr. Zimbelman during my recent hospitalization. A patient almost always has a fair amoun5 of anxiety during his hospitalization. Dr. Zimbelman was my anesthesiologist. He spent far more time with me than my surgeon. He was very thorough and complete. He answered not only all of my questions, but my wife and children's as well. I was very reassured and calmed by his demeanor and thoughtful bedside manner. I will always request Dr. Zimbelman for myself as well as all of my family if the need arises.
I have never had an anesthesiologist that was as thorough, engaging and compassionate. I was very anxious about going to surgery until Dr. Zimbelman came in proper actively. I had felt so comfortable once he met and discussed the anesthetic plan. I got the idea he had done it a million times before. He has very calming, and compassionate bedside manner. Thank you, dr. Zimbelman!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Rodney D Zimbelman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rodney D Zimbelman in this video.
Dr. Rodney D Zimbelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Plains, MO.