Dr. Rodolfo Veluz Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Rodolfo Veluz?

RUUUUNNNNN

AFS Urgent Care

I was very pleased with how courteous and friendly Dr. Veluz was as well as the other staff members at American Family Care in Huntsville.

PILL PUSHING PHYSICIAN

If you want OC, Lortab and Xanax go see this dr bc he will right you LARGE amounts!!!!! You will have enough to sell on the streets then overdose on. Great community doctor that we have (sarcasm)

If He is Your ONLY Option

Realizing that it can be difficult for pain patients to find treatment, I suppose seeing Dr. Veluz is better than no treatment at all. When you are in his office he does treat you in a kind manner. For me, however, the negatives far outweigh the positives.First, be ready to pay in full for your appointment. While he promised and promised that he was becoming BCBS approved, this never happened. I filed my claims on my own and BCBS sent Dr. Veluz the money. I had to make numerous calls (the person I was supposed to speak to was never there- I finally acted as if I was a personal friend and was put straight through) then BEG and BEG for my reimbursement money. I did finally receive it. My final two visits he asked only for a co-payment so I assumed he was going to file under my insurance. However, today when I called about receiving a copy of my medical records I was told I owed $240.00! When I asked if Dr. Veluz had filed a claim with BCBS the office worker said that he was not a BCBS provider. She gave no answer when I asked why he only made me pay a co-payment for my two final visits! So, if you have insurance, be ready for a nightmare.Second, I ditto the comments regarding wait time. It is like nothing I have ever experienced at any other office. Be ready to camp out- bring your own reading materials, pillow and blanket. No, I am not kidding.I have found the office staff (very little contact with nurses) to be very difficult to work with.Bottom line, if you have no other option, Dr. Veluz will prescribe medication. However, if you can get in with a professionally run medical facility, do so.

Longest wait ever

Good caring doc very concerned about his patients but needs to be aware of their wait time and be considerate of their daily life duties.

My shortest wait at Dr. Veluz's office is 4 hours. My longest 10. I arrived at 12pm and left at 10pm one night. Most of his office staff is very kind and well intentioned as is Dr. Veluz. His main problems are scheduling far too many patients in a day and then not arriving to see his first patient until 10-1030, thus being at least two hours behind before getting started. His knowledge of common DEA rules such as DO NOT Fill is extremely limited as he admits. He does many things that are blatantly against the rules and then refuses to do other things that the DEA specifically provides for such as a "Do not fill". Don't get me wrong he is a very kind man who is willing to treat many people that others will not.